POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoVEarth, day #9 : Re: PoVEarth, day #9 Server Time
1 Aug 2024 10:19:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoVEarth, day #9
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 3 Sep 2008 17:40:02
Message: <48bf0432@news.povray.org>
High!

Zeger Knaepen schrieb:

> It looks like your textures have an ambient-setting >0
> I can see no reason to set global ambient to 0.35, just add a #default
> {finish {ambient 0}} at the top of the file.  This will leave the textures
> that have an explicit ambient-setting intact, and lower the ambient of the
> other textures to 0, giving you much better results.

I doubt that (see below)... I tried it out, and now, the interior are
significantly darker than before - and increasing the radiosity
brightess (currently at 3) would be no alternative, as already at
brightness=4 all outer walls "drown" in shadowless white!

ambient_light 0.35 still looks better...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: